Perfect Your Mobile Strategy for Effective Customer Communications
Think about a time when you have left your house without your phone. If you’re like me, the minute you realize you’re without your phone, panic sets in and you immediately head back home to make sure you have your phone, even if it means you’re going to be late. It’s incredible to think how quickly our mobile devices have become an extension of who we are and how we live and manage our lives.
Consider these statistics:
- More than 1 billion smartphones were shipped globally in 2014
- Americans spend more than two hours per day on their smartphones
- Nearly 5 billion connected devices will be used globally in 2015
Given these impressive statistics, it’s safe to say consumers are continuously increasing their expectations of businesses and brands for what type of mobile experience they are offered. Which is why to be a successful brand into today’s world, you have to have a mobile strategy. But where do you even begin when creating this strategy? I suggest starting by understanding your customer’s expectations and defining what mobile means to you and to them. This means both qualitative and quantitative research and analysis to define those moments and map out your customer experience and interaction points with your brand.
Also, consider this—today’s consumers expect to get what they want the very minute they want it, so making interactions fast and simple and information accessible from anywhere is key. So you might want to think about things like 24/7 customer service, autopay, eStatements, payment reminders, purchase information/history and access to past account statements as elements to incorporate into your strategy. Whatever elements you decide to include in your mobile strategy, keep in mind these key points:
- All of your customer touch points should fulfill your brand promise, including mobile.
- Provide a seamless, customer-centric experience which integrates all of your touch points with your customers—mobile, print, retail and beyond.
- Continuously evolve your mobile strategy to accommodate new data, design and security requirements.
- Use the mobile data being generated by users, devices, networks and physical environments to continuously inform and transform your strategy.
To learn more about how to build your mobile strategy, join us on February 12 for a free webinar, presented jointly by MentorMate, the leading mobile developer and Venture Solutions.